Warrnambool currently has one of the highest childhood immunisation rates within Australia. Council conducts free immunisations for infants and school aged children as listed on the National Immunisation Program Schedule.
As a free public health service, Council is unable to facilitate requests to alter the National Immunisation Program schedule. Individuals wishing to administer vaccines outside of the recommendations will need to consult with their own doctor for advice and administration of vaccines.
Children's immunisation clinics
Council's Immunisation clinic is located at the Council's Immunisation Centre, Bayside City Plaza, Shop 14, 24-36 Fairy St Warrnambool.
Thursday clinic hours 9am - 4pm.
Saturday morning clinic hours 9am - 12pm.
Tuesday evening clinic hours 4pm - 6.30pm.
To arrange an appointment time contact the Health Unit on (03) 5559 4855.
- Bring your Medicare card and your child's Health Record book to all clinics.
- Immunisation is also available by appointment with your doctor (a consultation fee may apply).
- All persons being immunised are requested to stay for a 15 minute observation period following vaccination.
Childhood immunisations are scheduled at the following ages:
- 2 months (can be given from 6 weeks)
- 4 months
- 6 months
- 12 months
- 18 months
- 4 years
Students in secondary school are eligible for the following vaccines in 2022:
Year 7 students:
- two dose course of Human Papillomavirus
- a single dose of Diphtheria/Tetanus /Pertussis (whooping cough)
Year 10 students:
- single dose of Meningococcal ACWY vaccine
The Warrnambool City Council’s Immunisation Unit can provide records for individuals that have been immunised through its program. A $25 search fee applies.
Please contact Council's customer service unit if you require further information.
The Council is not able to provide records of immunisations given by Doctors or other providers.
Immunisation records are also available through Medicare by visiting mygov.au or via the Express Plus mobile app. Alternatively you can contact the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) on 1800 653 809 to arrange for an Immunisation History Statement to be sent via the mail.