Warrnambool’s Botanic Gardens were designed by William Guilfoyle in 1879, shortly after he completed the Melbourne Royal Botanic Gardens. Designed in the classic style, these elegant sheltered gardens feature wide curving paths, ancient trees, a lily pond with ducks, fernery and a band rotunda.
Location: Cnr Queens Road & Cockman Street.
Master Plan 2016
In 2016 a master plan will be developed to guide decisions about the future improvement and management of this iconic Warrnambool garden.
The master planning process will happen during the first half of 2016 and will have a number of stages including:
· 'Issues and Ideas' community engagement - January/February 2016 –now completed
· Development of an ‘Issues and Ideas’ paper - March 2016
· Development of draft Master Plan –May 2016
· Draft Master Plan community engagement –June 2016
· Final Botanic Gardens Master Plan - July 2016
For more information go to http://www.yoursaywarrnambool.com.au/botanic-gardens-master-plan