Community Supported Playgroup (run by Warrnambool City Council)
Our supported community playgroup is an informal and relaxed playgroup for all families with children aged from 0 to preschool years to enjoy. The playgroup is run by qualified childcare workers who are there to provide incidental parenting education and support through role modelling and informal education.
The playgroup provides an opportunity for children and parents to interact in a positive manner. It assists in enhancing parenting skills whilst giving parents the confidence to socialise with others.
Playgroups provide parents and carers with the opportunity to meet new people, gain support and exchange parenting ideas. They allow babies, toddlers and preschoolers to socialise as they play and learn together. All playgroups are different but the emphasis is on fun and friendship.
Find a playgroup by entering your municipality, postcode or suburb.
Start a playgroup – it’s easy. All you need are a couple of friends, a place to meet and some play equipment.
Young Parent Playgroup (Penguin Playgroup)
This program is specifically aimed at young or expecting parents up to aged 26.
Providing a friendly environment where parents and children can get together to relax and enjoy each other's company.
The program is run by experienced childcare workers in a child focused and family friendly space, providing practical parenting education, support and advice as required.
Simply Singing Program
Simply Singing is a group experience for parents/carers and their babies/young children aged 0-4 yrs focusing on the pleasure and power of using oral rhymes, songs and stories together. The program provides parents with the opportunity to connect with their child through rhyme and sound, based on the strength of secure attachment between parent and child.
- The Simply Singing Program is a group program in which parents/caregivers take part together with their infants or young children. Teaching is directed to the adults. The children participate as is appropriate to their stage of development and inclination.
- There is a 10-week program offered each term. There is no cost to parents/caregivers who participate. A fruit snack is offered to children during each session.
- Actively focuses on interactive rhymes, songs and stories all presented orally.
- The program is run in a bare room to minimise distractions for children.
- The pace is slow and relaxed with plenty of time for repetition of material and causal discussion.
- The atmosphere is accepting and supportive to build participants’ confidence and feeling of belonging.
- We all have a lot of fun
Find us on Facebook
For the latest news on our children's programs, be sure to 'Like' the Warrnambool City Council Children's and Family Services Facebook page.
Children's Services Centre
600 Raglan Parade, Warrnambool
Phone: (03) 5559 4747
Fax: (03) 5559 4900