Council has been involved in offering quality childcare to the Warrnambool community for the past 36 years.
Our very experienced staff are focused on the health and happiness of your child, which includes serving nutritionally balanced meals and snacks, maintaining natural and appealing outdoor play spaces and offering a wide variety of activities.
We facilitate a range of childcare options to suit you, including Centre Based Child Care, Family Day Care, After Kinder Care, After School Care and Vacation Care.
New Report on Education and Care Services in Warrnambool
During 2015 Council completed a review of the sector in Warrnambool (long day/centre based childcare, family day care, kindergarten, after kindergarten care, outside school hours care and occasional care); the policy and funding environment now, and into the future; and identified issues facing local education and care providers and the community.
The report shows that:
- The former shortage of long day care places in Warrnambool has been rectified by the market.
- The recent move of long day care centres into providing four year old kindergarten programs, and the expansion of a number of existing kindergarten services, has meant that kindergarten is now in adequate supply for the foreseeable future.
- There is a shortfall in the local availability of some other education and care services, such as occasional care and outside school hours care.
Whilst Council is a significant provider of education and childcare services in Warrnambool, a mix of not-for-profit and the private sector have a significant stake in meeting the demand.
In other municipalities, schools are also important players in outside school hours care services and some employers are involved in the sector, providing education and care services suitable for the needs of their staff.
The report notes that the challenges facing Warrnambool’s education and care services are not for Council alone, and require a community wide response to ensure accessible education and care services to meet the needs of families into the future.
The next steps for Council are:
- To monitor existing Council services and the role they have in the local education and care sector.
- To work with other providers to address areas of unmet demand.
The final report is available for download from this page. For more information please email email@example.com