Council is currently seeking a motivated Social Support and Respite Coordinator to lead the planning and delivery of programs that maintain and enhance the physical, emotional and social well-being of older persons, frail aged and people with disabilities based on their individual needs and interests.
The successful Coordinator will have the following:
- Relevant qualifications and/ or experience in the Community Services sector including a sound knowledge of the Commonwealth Home Support Program.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff and lead teams under a goal centered approach.
- The ability to implement and report on successful social support programs for identified members of the community.
This is a temporary full time position until 27 June 2025.
The position carries a salary range between $85,717 to $93,086 per annum (pro-rata), dependant on demonstrated skills and experience.
Council also offers a range of other benefits for its employees, including:
- Ongoing training and development
- Discount and Salary Sacrifice to Council owned facilities
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long service leave (pro-rata) after 7 years
To apply for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply Now’ on the Warrnambool City Council website and submit your Resume, Cover Letter and Responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
If after reading the position description you have further questions please contact Peter Russell, Service Manager Community Care, on 03 5559 4411 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: 5.00pm Friday 29 September 2023.
Please note, that all prospective Warrnambool City Council employees will be required to undertake a medical assessment. Council also completes a range of other pre-employment checks which include reference checks and a criminal history check.
For more information about the recruitment process, please visit www.warrnambool.vic.gov.au/careers
Warrnambool City Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For details on what to include in your application refer to