Warrnambool, with a population of 35,000, is the regional centre of South West Victoria. The City of Warrnambool offers the successful candidate an outstanding lifestyle, a range of different services and facilities making Warrnambool a great place to live and work.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a dynamic team in Warrnambool’s brand new, world-class, joint use public and TAFE Library and Learning Centre to support our community to thrive and live well. The new library presents opportunities to be the heart of the community, to improve liveability, to empower and build capability, and to transform lives.
To view the library and imagine the opportunituties and your new career go to https://library.warrnambool.vic.gov.au/
The successful applicant will have:
- Eligibility for professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA) and extensive experience in the management and delivery of public library services at a senior level. (Minimum 5 years)
- The ability to lead staff in the development and delivery of high quality services, collections, programs and customer experiences that increase reading, information and digital literacy outcomes for the region including support the information needs of South West TAFE students and staff
- The ability to foster an environment and positive team spirit that empowers and motivates library staff to deliver innovative services to the community.
- The capacity to provide strategic direction and long term planning for library services and to establish productive partnerships with stakeholders and the wider community.
- Well developed management skills including financial management, policy development, reporting and governance.
- Current Working with Children Check
If you are looking to take on this exciting new venture and are inspired to lead the shaping of Warrnambool’s Library and Learning services to the community, we look forward to hearing from you.
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 30 January 2023
Salary Range: $108,420 to $121,237 per annum dependant on skills & experience
Position status: Permanent Full Time
Further Enquiries: Alison Kemp, Manager Recreation and Culture on
03 5559 4869 or email@example.com
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your Resume, Cover Letter and Responses to the Key Selection Criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, that all prospective Warrnambool City Council employees will be required to undertake a medical assessment. Council also completes a range of other pre-employment checks which include reference checks and a criminal history check. For more information about the recruitment process, please visit www.warrnambool.vic.gov.au/careers
Successful applicants must comply with Council’s COVID-19 vaccination policy which require employees to provide documentary evidence of their vaccination status before attending the workplace.
Warrnambool City Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To view current vacancies visit www.warrnambool.vic.gov.au/careers
For details on how to submit your application refer to