Warrnambool City Council has an exciting opportunity available for a motivated individual to work as a Local Laws and Traffic Officer.
This position will encompass working Monday to Friday and the successful incumbent will be required to relieve weekend patrols and attend to after hour call outs on an as needs basis.
The successful incumbent will be required too:
- Provide professional, efficient and effective Traffic & Local Laws enforcement in compliance with Council policies and procedsure.
- Assist the Local Laws team with the enforcement of the Road Safety Act, Domestic Animals Act 1994, Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act 1986 and Impounding of Livestock Act 1994.
- Assist the public relating to local laws and compliance.
This is a permanent full time position however applicants who want to be considered for part time will also be considered.
This positions offers a a starting salary of $66,866 per annum + superannuation with the opportunity to progress through Councils banding levels.
Council also offers a range of other benefits for its employees, including:
- Rostered Day Off
- Ongoing training and development
- Discount to Council owned facilities
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long service leave (pro-rata) after 7 years
To apply for this opportunity, please click the Apply Now button on the Warrnambool City Council website.
If after reading the position description you have further questions please contact Tim Brosowsky, Coordinator Local Laws and Emergency Management, on 03 5559 4806 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 25 September 2023.
Please note, that all prospective Warrnambool City Council employees will be required to undertake a medical assessment. Council also completes a range of other pre-employment checks which include reference checks and a criminal history check.
For more information about the recruitment process, please visit www.warrnambool.vic.gov.au/careers
Warrnambool City Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For details on what to include in your application refer to