Are you passionate about the outdoors, and looking for a hands on career?
Council is currently seeking a motivated and diverse individual to join their highly regarded Depot Operations team in the position of Horticulture Maintenance Worker.
The successful candidate will:
- Maintain municipal high profile areas in the CBD, Botanic Gardens, landscaped and tree assets throughout Warrnambool, to a high standard.
- Have the ability to carry out a wide range of physical activities including but not limited to horticultural skills.
- Operate/ equipment efficiently and safely adhering to Safe Operation Procedures (SOPS) and Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS) to ensure satisfactory completion of assigned duties.
This is a permanent full time position, with a salary range between $61,384 - $64,499 per annum (inclusive of industry allowance), dependant on demonstrated skills and experience plus superannuation.
A 9 day fortnight arrangement is also included in this position.
Council also offers a range of other benefits for its employees, including:
- Ongoing training and development
- Discount to Council owned facilities
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long service leave (pro-rata) after 7 years
To apply for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply Now’ on the Warrnambool City Council website and submit your Resume, Cover Letter and Responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
All applications are to be sent through to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If after reading the position description you have further questions please contact John Sheely, Team Leader Trees & Botanics, on 0448 991 624 or email@example.com.
Applications close: 5.00pm Friday 1 July 2022.
Please note, that all prospective Warrnambool City Council employees will be required to undertake a medical assessment. Council also completes a range of other pre-employment checks which include reference checks and a criminal history check. For more information about the recruitment process, please visit www.warrnambool.vic.gov.au/careers
Successful applicants must comply with Council’s COVID-19 vaccination policy which require employees to provide documentary evidence of their vaccination status before attending the workplace.
Warrnambool City Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To view current vacancies visit www.warrnambool.vic.gov.au/careers
For details on how to submit your application refer to