Council is currently seeking a motivated Home Maintenance Worker to assist in the day to day operations of Kindergarten Grounds and other Home Maintenance tasks.
The duties of this position include/but not limited to:
- Ability to perform active and physically demanding tasks.
- To deliver lawn mowing & basic gardening tasks to Home Community Care Clients as well as assist in the maintenance of parks, gardens and other Council activities as directed.
- Provide a high level of customer service that is responsive, helpful and professional to clients and carers at all times.
- Required to have a registered vehicle with towing equipment. The vehicle must be roadworthy and covered for comprehensive insurance. A secured area to store trailer and equipment is necessary.
Appropriate allowances will be provided for use of personal vehicle as specified within Warrnambool City Councils Enterprise Agreement.
- A Working with Children Check is a mandatory requirement for this position.
- This position works across a 9 day fortnight.
This is a permanent full time position, with a salary range between $59,758 - $62,873 per annum (excluding industry allowance) dependant on demonstrated skills and experience + superannuation.
Council also offers a range of other benefits for its employees, including:
- Ongoing training and development
- Discount to Council owned facilities
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long service leave (pro-rata) after 7 years
To apply for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply Now’ on the Warrnambool City Council website and submit your Resume, Cover Letter and Responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
All applications are to be sent through to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If after reading the position description you have further questions please contact Mark Mirtschin, Coordinator Municipal Operations, on 03 5559 4678 or email@example.com.
Applications close: 5.00pm Friday 19 August 2022.
Please note, that all prospective Warrnambool City Council employees will be required to undertake a medical assessment. Council also completes a range of other pre-employment checks which include reference checks and a criminal history check.
Successful applicants must comply with Council’s COVID-19 vaccination policy which require employees to provide documentary evidence of their vaccination status before attending the workplace.
For more information about the recruitment process, please visit www.warrnambool.vic.gov.au/careers
Warrnambool City Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For details on what to include in your application refer to