The Economic Development Branch at Warrnambool City Council is currently seeking a motivated and enthused Project Officer who will support business growth, community engagement and work towards Warrnambool being one of the premier retail, commercial and business sectors in Victoria.
The successful candidate will:
- Have strong administration and organisational skills to implement business related projects.
- Assist in the development and ongoing implementation of the Council’s Economic Development and Investment strategy
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining positive, pro-active relationships with key internal personnel, external business groups and opportunities, plus other relevant stakeholders
- A strong understanding of the challenges and opportunities within the local economy is necessary.
- A relevant Diploma or Degree, or lesser qualifications with transferable work skills and relevant experience will be highly regarded.
This is a permanent full time position, and carries a current base salary between $70,177 to $79,777 p.a plus superannuation dependant on qualifications and experience.
Council also offers a range of other benefits for its employees, including:
- Ongoing training and development
- Discount to Council owned facilities
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long service leave (pro-rata) after 7 years
To apply for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply Now’ below.
If after reading the position description you have further questions please contact Stephen Hoy, Manager Economic Development & Events, on 03 5559 4956 or email@example.com.
Applications close: 12.00pm Monday 12 June 2023.
Please note, that all prospective Warrnambool City Council employees will be required to undertake a medical assessment. Council also completes a range of other pre-employment checks which include reference checks and a criminal history check. For more information about the recruitment process, please visit www.warrnambool.vic.gov.au/careers
Warrnambool City Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For details on how to submit your application refer to