Warrnambool City Council is located on the spectacular south west coast of Victoria, 3 hours’ drive from Melbourne. It is a thriving region, offering a unique lifestyle and working environment.
Working with Council offers the opportunity to work with one of the largest service providers in the region. Our strong service culture is a hallmark of our organisation, underpinned by a diverse and talented group of staff. We take a community first, whole of organisation approach in managing our services by working collaboratively and strategically when planning and delivering services for our community.
Council is currently seeking a motivated and vibrant Coordinator who will support business growth, community engagement and work towards Warrnambool being one of the premier retail, commercial and business sectors in Victoria.
The successful candidate will:
- Have the ability to work with key business sectors, retail precincts and peak bodies to support the development and implementation of an annual business plan for the CBD or other identified business precinct
- Assist in the development and ongoing implementation of the Council’s Economic Development and Investment strategy
- Demonstrated record of establishing and maintaining positive, pro-active relationships with key internal personnel, external business groups and opportunities, plus other relevant stakeholders
- Degree qualified in business, marketing or a related discipline and/or commensurate experience in lieu of formal qualifications
For further details regarding the position, please view the position description above.
This is a permanent full time position working 76 hours per fortnight. The current salary range is $93,479 - $104,371 per annum, dependant on demonstrated skills and experience + superannuation.
Council also offers a range of other benefits for its employees, including:
- Ongoing training and development
- Discount to Council owned facilities
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long service leave (pro-rata) after 7 years
Applications close 5pm, Friday 31 March 2023
Further enquires: Stephen Hoy, Manager Economic Development on 03 5559 4956 or email@example.com
Warrnambool City Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion. If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicant, or if you have a disability, we encourage you to apply.
Please note, that all prospective Warrnambool City Council employees will be required to undertake a medical assessment. Council also completes a range of other pre-employment checks which include reference checks and a criminal history check.
Successful applicants must comply with Council’s COVID-19 vaccination policy which require employees to provide documentary evidence of their vaccination status before attending the workplace.
If you require advice and support during the recruitment process please contact us on the following details: (03) 5559 4800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Warrnambool City Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To view current vacancies visit www.warrnambool.vic.gov.au/careers
For details on how to submit your application refer to