Council is currently seeking a motivated maintenance worker to assist in maintaining sealed roads and footpaths and other Council assets to a high standard with a strong focus on attention to detail.
The ability to carry out continuous manual and mechanical maintenance techniques will be required.
The successful candidate will:
- Assist in the maintenance and construction of Council built assets including concreting, roads and drains and other infrastructure with attention to detail and in line with the required standards.
- Knowledge of OH&S requirements inclusive of, but not limited to safe operating procedures, safe work method statements and risk assessments.
- Other duties as directed by the Depot Operations Coordinator/ Team Leader Roads & Drainage.
This is a permanent full time position, with a salary range between $61,384 to $64,499 per annum (inclusive of industry allowance) dependant on demonstrated skills and experience + 10% p.a. superannuation.
The calculated hourly rate is $31.06 per hour (inclusive of industry allowance).
Council also offers a range of other benefits for its employees, including:
- Ongoing training and development
- Discount to Council owned facilities
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long service leave (pro-rata) after 7 years
To apply for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply Now’ on the Warrnambool City Council website and submit your Resume, Cover Letter and Responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
All applications are to be sent through to email@example.com.
If after reading the position description you have further questions please contact Gary Shawyer, Team Leader Roads & Drainage, on 03 5559 4660 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 5.00pm Friday 24 June 2022.
Please note, that all prospective Warrnambool City Council employees will be required to undertake a medical assessment. Council also completes a range of other pre-employment checks which include reference checks and a criminal history check. For more information about the recruitment process, please visit www.warrnambool.vic.gov.au/careers
Warrnambool City Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To view current vacancies visit www.warrnambool.vic.gov.au/careers
For details on how to submit your application refer to