To be a thriving, culturally rich and inclusive leading regional city.
Warrnambool City Council will work in collaboration with the community to:
- be a financially sustainable organisation;
- make Warrnambool a great place for people to live, work and visit;
- support and encourage creativity and innovation;
- create safe, connected and resilient communities that respect cultural diversity;
- strengthen community health and wellbeing;
- improve our environmental sustainability;
- maintain our strong sense of community pride; and,
- encourage and promote economic development.
In making decisions that shape the future of Warrnambool, our councillors and staff will serve our community guided by the following important values:
We will have open, accessible and accountable governance in touch with the existing and changing needs of our community. Key decisions will be based on engaging with our community, with decisions made in a transparent and accountable manner. Council will set clear goals and measure results to achieve innovation and improvement.
Fairness, Equity and Respect
We will ensure that all people are treated with dignity, respect and fairness, and that people's different perspectives are acknowledged. We will ensure all people in our community have equal access to services, facilities and involvement in decision-making.
Communication and Engagement
We will deliver accurate, timely and relevant information involving the open exchange of ideas and information with the community.
Innovation and Quality
New and emerging ideas and technologies will be at the forefront of Council thinking to improve our services and facilities, and the health and wellbeing of our community. We will strive for excellence in all that we do and continuously improve our performance and our services to achieve outstanding results.
Environmental and financial sustainability will underpin all that we do to maximise opportunities for all people and future generations.