- Large Text
- Increase Font Size
- Decrease Font Size
- High Contrast
- Regular Contrast
At .05 your risk of being involved in a road crash is doubled. Alcohol affects us all in different ways. Remember, it’s in your hands. Blood Alcohol Concentration continues to rise after you have finished drinking.
- Lots of factors affect how much you can drink before you can drive.
- Remember to eat before you drink and while you drink.
- Drink lots of water - hydrate yourself before you drink and while you drink.
- Avoid alcohol whilst using medication or illegal substances.
- Alcohol can affect you differently if you are feeling stressed or tired!
- Try and count the amount of alcoholic drinks you have consumed per hour and stick to a limit.
- Plan to drink; call a taxi or organise a designated driver.
IT’S IN YOUR HAND - community breathalyser.
At some community events you can test your Blood Alcohol Concentration for free. You might be surprised.
VicRoads - alcohol, drugs and road safety
Learn about how alcohol and other drugs including medicines affect your driving ability and increase the chances of a crash and strategies to avoid driving while impaired.