- Large Text
- Increase Font Size
- Decrease Font Size
- High Contrast
- Regular Contrast
The Great South Coast: Growth Through Skilled Migration project has been established as a joint initiative between Warrnambool City, Glenelg Shire, Southern Grampians Shire, Moyne Shire, Corangamite Shire and Colac-Otway Shire Councils under the State Government’s Regional Certifying Body Program (RCBP).
The program aims to fulfill skill shortages in the region that cannot be satisfied through the existing workforce, which in turn will allow local business to expand and develop. The RCBP program complements each member Council’s existing Economic Development services by:
- Identifying skills shortages in the Great South Coast region
- Establishing sustainable relationships between businesses and skilled migrants to address and overcome skill shortages
- Providing information and advice to employers and business in relation to the employment of skilled migrants
- Providing links between newly-arrived skilled migrants and support services where they exist to help ease migrants and their families into our local communities.
How can we help employers?
Services that we offer to employers include:
- Identifying and sourcing skilled migrant candidates against your vacancies.
- Referrals to Department of Immigration & Citizenship (DIAC) Regional Outreach Officers to assist with the immigration process.
- Providing certification for employer sponsored visa nominations as the Great South Coast's Regional Certifiying Body (RCB).
- Arranging contact with providers of cultural awareness training for your workplace.
- Settlement information packs for employees.
How can we help migrants?
Assistance that can be provided to newly arrived migrants includes:
- Linking skilled migrants to identified employment opportunities across the Great South Coast.
- Limited settlement referrals, such as accommodation, health and education.
- Links to local ethnic communities.
- Links to migrant support initiatives, such as Warrnambool Cultural Diversity Network.
- Assistance, where it exists, including training, for spouses of skilled migrants also looking for work in our region.
- Settlement information packs.
Warrnambool City Council
Phone: (03) 5559 4956
Fax: (03) 5559 4900