Amendment C69 - North of the Merri
- Large Text
- Increase Font Size
- Decrease Font Size
- High Contrast
- Regular Contrast
Warrnambool City Council has prepared Amendment C69 to the Warrnambool Planning Scheme relating to the North of the Merri Growth Area. The report on the independent panel is listed under "files for download".
The exhibited amendment proposes to make changes to the following zone, overlay and ordinance provisions of the Warrnambool Planning Scheme:
1. Incorporate the following two major documents into the schedule at Clause 81 of the Scheme:
- A new Structure Plan, to be known as the North of the Merri River Structure Plan (NMRSP).
- A new Development Contributions Plan, to be known as the North of the Merri River Development Contributions Plan (NMRDCP).
2. Amend the planning scheme zoning maps to:
- Rezone part of the NMRSP area from the Farming Zone (FZ) to the Residential 1 Zone (R1Z).
- Rezone part of the Merri River floodplain area within the NMRSP area from the FZ to the Urban Floodway Zone (UFZ).
- Rezone Wollaston Road to Road Zone (RDZ) Category 2.
3. Amend planning overlay maps and associated schedules to:
- Introduce a Development Plan Overlay (DPO) over the land to be rezoned in the NMRSP area. A schedule to this Overlay (Schedule 10) requires that a development plan be prepared to coordinate development and infrastructure provision across the different land parcels within the NMRSP area. The schedule also sets out particular requirements that must be addressed prior to a planning application for subdivision.
- Introduce a Development Contributions Plan Overlay (DCPO) over the land to be rezoned in the NMRSP area. A schedule to this Overlay (Schedule 1) sets out specific development contributions amounts to be paid prior to the issue of a statement of compliance for each stage of development. The Overlay must be read in conjunction with the North of the Merri River Structure Plan Development Contributions Plan.
4. Amend Clause 21.05 and 21.10 of the Warrnambool Municipal Strategic Statement to reflect the outcomes of the amendment.
5. Amend Clause 52.01 of the Warrnambool Planning Scheme (Public Open Space Contributions and Subdivisions) to specify the amount of contribution for public open space required in the NMRSP and to implement an equalisation scheme.
6. Amend Clause 81.01 of the Warrnambool Planning Scheme (Incorporated Documents) to include the NMRSP and NMRDCP.
Council will consider its position on the amendment at its September meeting.