Finding a Skilled Migrant
- Large Text
- Increase Font Size
- Decrease Font Size
- High Contrast
- Regular Contrast
How do I find a skilled migrant?
The Victorian Government's Regional Certifying Body Program provides Victorian employers with a link to the curriculum vitae/resumes of skilled migrants with professional and trade skills who:
- area already in Victoria and holding a valid visa. or
- will soon arrive in Victoria and hold a visa, or
- want to migrate to Victoria but require a visa.
To begin your search for a skilled candidate please contact the Project Manager on (03) 5559 4956.
The Project Manager will use a number of tools that help match potential skilled migrants with skilled vacancies or skill shortages.
Standard short-listing processes can be used to identify a suitable candidate. Australian employers are not under any obligation to employ an applicant until they are satisfied that the applicant is suitable for their business.
Employers are provided with an overview of the educational qualifications, experience and duties of the applicants. Employers seeking further information on a particular applicant (or applicants) may request a full resume, which includes the personal contact details and full employment history.
Most applicants details provided will be for candidates who:
- Are under 45 years of age;
- Have a good level of English;
- Have a nominated occupation that is on the Skilled Occupations List; and
- Have relevant work experience in their nominated occupation or two years study in Australia.
To assist you in understanding the requirements of your vacancy it may be helpful to search your position requirements by ANZSCO Code.
There is an ANZSCO Code for every identifiable occupation, it is six digits. Users can then filter the search criteria by using one or a combination of the following:
- Entering a Keyword to search for within the ANZSCO search facility.
- Refining your search within the occupational types.