- Large Text
- Increase Font Size
- Decrease Font Size
- High Contrast
- Regular Contrast
Warrnambool City Council derives its role, powers and functions primarily from the Local Government Act 1989. The Act specifies that the primary objective of Council is to achieve the best outcomes for the community having regard to the following objectives:
- Promoting social, economic and environmental viability and sustainability.
- Ensuring that resources are effectively and efficiently used.
- Improving people’s overall quality of life.
- Promoting business and employment opportunities.
- Ensuring services and facilities are accessible and equitable.
- Ensuring equitable setting of rates.
- Ensuring transparency in decision-making.
Council is responsible for establishing strategic objectives for the municipality, establishing and guiding policies,setting service standards and for monitoring the organisation’s performance.