Message from the Captain
- Large Text
- Increase Font Size
- Decrease Font Size
- High Contrast
- Regular Contrast
There is a real buzz in the air and while it is mostly generated by me flying around Warrnambool. There is also a buzz from people getting involved in Sustain The Bool. The Sustainable Living Expo got the year off on the right foot.
I am super excited because the free Smart Living Workshops are coming up. Stay tuned for more information about dates, times and locations of workshops by joining the Sustain the Bool update list by following the link below. In the mean time here are a few tips to make your day a Sustain The Bool day.
- Turn appliances off at the wall.
- If you have air conditioning, and you shouldn’t, set air conditioning thermostat to 25-27C in summer.
- If you have showers, and I hope you do, keep your showers to less than four minutes.
- Switch to Green Power.
- Short trip? Ride, walk or take public transport.
- Avoid unnecessary waste, pack your lunch in a reusable container.
- Wash clothes in cold water.
- Zone off unused rooms to minimise cooling requirements.
Captain Sustain the Bool