- Large Text
- Increase Font Size
- Decrease Font Size
- High Contrast
- Regular Contrast
Planning relates to the use and development of land under the provisions of the Warrnambool Planning Scheme.
The Warrnambool Planning Scheme (WPS) comprises of state and local policies and guidelines, together with a series of zones and overlays and other provisions that affect how land can be used. The WPS also determines if a planning permit is required to change the use of the land, or to construct a building, carry out works or make other changes to the land.
In most instances, buildings and works in the municipality must be approved by Council through the Planning Permit Application Process.
A full copy of the Warrnambool Planning Scheme and Zone and Overlay maps can be viewed:
- At the Warrnambool Civic Centre, 25 Liebig Street, Warrnambool.
- Through the Warrnambool Planning Scheme On-line webpage.
- Through the Department of Planning and Community Development website
Council is required to assess each planning application in accordance with the Planning and Environment Act 1987, the Warrnambool Planning Scheme and any other relevant legislation and policies.
Town Planning provides general advice and guidance on the following:
- General planning issues.
- Issuing of Planning Certificates.
- Multi unit development.
- New residential and commercial developments.
- Design of alterations and additions.
- Environment and heritage protection.
- Flood controls.
- Change of use.
- Business signage.
- Liquor licensing matters.
- Planning enforcement.
- Warrnambool Planning Scheme and amendments.
- Current planning permit applications.
For general queries about the Warrnambool Planning Scheme, general planning queries or to check if a permit is required contact the Planning Support Team.
(03) 5559 4800
City Strategy & Development
Warrnambool City Council
PO Box 198
Warrnambool Civic Centre
25 Liebig Street, Warrnambool
Office hours: 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday