- Large Text
- Increase Font Size
- Decrease Font Size
- High Contrast
- Regular Contrast
Green purchasing involves people and businesses using consumer power to purchase products which are environmentally friendly, removing the reliance on natural resources and thus reducing your ecological foot print e.g. purchasing of products that have a high recycled content such as paper.
Council is committed to green purchasing through the Eco-Buy program.
What is Eco-Buy?
Eco-Buy is a not for profit program that supports local government and business in the purchasing of environmentally friendly products, otherwise known as green purchasing.
Eco-Buy now have over 500 suppliers and thousands of products on its website and is constantly growing. Green products purchased by the Warrnambool City Council include:
- 100% recycled office paper.
- Recycled plastic decking.
- 20% Green Power for all Council buildings.
- Energy efficient light globes.
- Use of recycled road base material.
- Efficient office equipment.
- Electric bike for staff use.