- Large Text
- Increase Font Size
- Decrease Font Size
- High Contrast
- Regular Contrast
Audit & Risk Committee
Cr. Kylie Gaston, Cr. Michael Neoh
- Enhancement of the credibility and objectivity of internal and external financial reporting.
- Effective management of financial and other risks and the protection of Council assets.
- Compliance with laws and regulations as well as use of best practice guidelines.
- Effectiveness of the internal audit function.
- Provision of an effective means of communication between the external auditor, internal audit, management and the Council.
City Art Advisory Committee
Cr. Jacinta Ermacora
- Consider and provide advice to Council on the acquisition and de-acquisition of works of art.
- Consider and provide advice to Council on issues relating to public art.
City Development Advisory Committee
Cr. Peter Hulin
- Consider and provide advice relating to Council’s strategic land use planning and its impact within the City and the Sub region.
- Consider Council’s approach to urban design and built form program and to provide advice.
- Provide advice on the Council’s strategic heritage program relating to the City’s built environment and places of cultural heritage significance.
- Administer the Heritage Restoration Revolving Fund.
- Consider key strategic issues relating to the quality of the City’s built environment referred to the committee by the Council or officers.
City Landscape Advisory Committee
Cr. Kylie Gaston
- Advice to Council in terms of current issues or trends relevant to the City Landscape.
- Advice to Council on issues that should be considered annually in the development of the Council Plan and Budget.
- Advise Council in relation to protection and conservation of the City Landscape.
- Advise Council in relation to sustainable development and enhancement of the City Landscape.
- Assist in educating the community on issues relevant to protecting and enhancing the City Landscape.
- Participate in reviews and evaluations relevant to the City Landscape.
- Advise on ways to involve the community in decisions about the City Landscape.
Community Support Advisory Committee
Cr. Michael Neoh
- Steer and monitor the development of an inclusive community where all people, including older people and people with disabilities are active, socially connected individuals who are able to access information, activities, facilities and services within the community.
- Promote an integrated approach to community services planning.
- Facilitate collaborative partnerships to enhance service development and associated community service initiatives.
- Promote improved coordination of the service network and strategic planning activities.
- Facilitate consultation between the community and Council leading to the encouragement and presentation of best practice and innovation in the community.
- Provide advice to Council on emerging trends and population needs of all people, including older people and people with disabilities.
Flagstaff Hill Advisory Committee
Cr. Rob Askew
- Consider and provide advice to Council relating to ongoing development of the Flagstaff Hill Maritime Precinct in line with the approved Navigate 2017 Strategic Business Plan.
- Provide advice to the Council on the specific heritage management issues that are part of Flagstaff Hill Maritime Precinct State Heritage areas, and historical collection.
- Utilise the communities skills to assist council in the specific heritage management issues relating to the operations of the Flagstaff Hill Maritime Precinct.
- Provide Manager – Tourism with support and advice for specific projects as required.
- Assist in engaging the Warrnambool tourism industry in the development of Flagstaff Hill Maritime Precinct as a key attraction to the City.
International Relations Advisory Committee
Cr. Michael Neoh
- To promote and facilitate the Warrnambool community enjoying direct associations with cities (in Japan and other countries) promoting international friendship, cultural exchange and a general international awareness.
- To develop activities such as student exchange, teacher exchange, citizen exchange, school language programs, cultural and sporting exchange, community involvement.
- To enhance Warrnambool's economy through improved business, trade and tourism links.
- To consider and provide advice to Council about general Miura/Warrnambool Sister City matters, including the friendship garden.
- To support Council in hosting international delegations where appropriate.
- Advice to Council relating to Sister City policy, strategy, current issues or trends.
Warrnambool Regional Airport Advisory Committee
Cr. Rob Askew
- Advice to Council relating to policy and strategic development for the committees allocated functions.
- Advice to Council in terms of current issues or trends relating to the allocated functions.
- Advice to Council in terms of capital or recurrent funding relating to the allocated functions, including sourcing of external funding or appraisal of applications received from community organisations, as required by Council.
- Where required by Council, advice to Council in terms of the allocated function’s performance relative to established indicators/standards and the approved Council Plan and Budget.
- Steering of specific projects or study relating to the allocated functions, if required by Council.
- Facilitating community consultation processes relating to the allocated functions, if required by Council.
Warrnambool Livestock Exchange Advisory Committee
Cr. Rob Askew
- Provide advice in relation to the management and operation of the Warrnambool Livestock Exchange.
- Provide a conduit for information between the Warrnambool City Council, saleyards management , stock agents, buyers, sellers, transporters, other stakeholders and the community.