Warrnambool currently has one of the highest childhood immunisation rates within Australia. Council conducts free immunisations for infants and school aged children as listed on the National Immunisation Program Schedule.
Council conducts immunisation clinics by appointment at:
Childrens Services Centre
Cnr Kepler Street & Raglan Parade
Warrnambool, Vic, 3280
Thursday clinic hours 9am - 4pm.
Saturday morning clinic hours 9am - 12pm.
Tuesday evening clinic hours 4pm - 6.30pm.
To arrange an appointment time contact the Health Unit on (03) 5559 4855.
- Bring your Medicare card and your child's Health Record book to all clinics.
- Immunisation is also available by appointment with your doctor (a consultation fee may apply).
- All persons being immunised are requested to stay for a 15 minute observation period following vaccination.
Childhood immunisations are scheduled at the following ages:
• 2 months (can be given from 6 weeks)
• 4 months
• 6 months
• 12 months
• 18 months
• 4 years
Students in secondary school are eligible for the following vaccines in 2016:
All year 7 students:
• three dose course of Human Papillomavirus
• a single dose of Diphtheria/Tetanus /Pertussis (whooping cough)
• a single dose of Chickenpox
Click on the following links to access further information regarding the school vaccination program:
The Warrnambool City Council’s Immunisation Unit can provide records for individuals that have been immunised through its program. A $20 search fee applies. The relevant forms can be found in the top-right corner of this page. Please contact Council's customer service unit if you require further information.
The Council is not able to provide records of immunisations given by Doctors or other providers.
For persons aged under 20 years, immunisation records are also available through Medicare by visiting mygov.au or via the Express Plus mobile app. Alternatively you can contact the Australian Immunisation Records (AIR) on 1800 653 809 to arrange for an Immunisation History Statement to be sent via the mail.