Audit & Risk Committee - Vacancy
Expressions of Interest as an Independent Member
Expressions of Interest are invited to fill a vacancy for an independent member on Council’s Audit & Risk Committee. The Committee’s primary objective is to assist Council in the effective conduct of its responsibilities for financial reporting, risk management, regulatory compliance, internal control environment and overseeing audit functions. Potential candidates should have knowledge and experience commensurate with the responsibilities of the position.
An application form is available by clicking here.
Submissions close 5pm Friday 15 January 2016. For further information contact Kevin Leddin on 5559 4807.
Audit & Risk Committee
Cr. Kylie Gaston, Cr. Michael Neoh
- Enhancement of the credibility and objectivity of internal and external financial reporting.
- Effective management of financial and other risks and the protection of Council assets.
- Compliance with laws and regulations as well as use of best practice guidelines.
- Effectiveness of the internal audit function.
- Provision of an effective means of communication between the external auditor, internal audit, management and the Council.
Warrnambool Regional Airport Advisory Committee
Cr. Rob Askew
- Advice to Council relating to policy and strategic development for the committees allocated functions.
- Advice to Council in terms of current issues or trends relating to the allocated functions.
- Advice to Council in terms of capital or recurrent funding relating to the allocated functions, including sourcing of external funding or appraisal of applications received from community organisations, as required by Council.
- Where required by Council, advice to Council in terms of the allocated function’s performance relative to established indicators/standards and the approved Council Plan and Budget.
- Steering of specific projects or study relating to the allocated functions, if required by Council.
- Facilitating community consultation processes relating to the allocated functions, if required by Council.
Flagstaff Hill Advisory Committee
Cr. Rob Askew
- Consider and provide advice to Council relating to ongoing development of the Flagstaff Hill Maritime Precinct in line with the approved Navigate 2017 Strategic Business Plan.
- Provide advice to the Council on the specific heritage management issues that are part of Flagstaff Hill Maritime Precinct State Heritage areas, and historical collection.
- Utilise the communities skills to assist council in the specific heritage management issues relating to the operations of the Flagstaff Hill Maritime Precinct.
- Provide Manager – Tourism with support and advice for specific projects as required.
- Assist in engaging the Warrnambool tourism industry in the development of Flagstaff Hill Maritime Precinct as a key attraction to the City.
International Relations Advisory Committee
Cr. Michael Neoh
- To promote and facilitate the Warrnambool community enjoying direct associations with cities (in Japan and other countries) promoting international friendship, cultural exchange and a general international awareness.
- To develop activities such as student exchange, teacher exchange, citizen exchange, school language programs, cultural and sporting exchange, community involvement.
- To enhance Warrnambool's economy through improved business, trade and tourism links.
- To consider and provide advice to Council about general Miura/Warrnambool Sister City matters, including the friendship garden.
- To support Council in hosting international delegations where appropriate.
- Advice to Council relating to Sister City policy, strategy, current issues or trends.
Landscape and Development Advisory Committee
Cr. Kylie Gaston
- To provide advice to Council on land use planning matters.
- To provide advice to Council on key elements of & the implementation of the City Centre Revitalisation Plan
- To provide advice to Council on the key elements & the implementation of the Warrnambool Heritage Strategy
- To assist Council in the implementation of sustainability initiatives.
- Advice to Council in relation to conservation & enhancement of the City Landscape.
Warrnambool City Health and Wellbeing Advisory Committee
Cr. Kylie Gaston
- Provide advice to Council on the development, review and implementation of the Warrnambool City Health and Wellbeing Plan and associated Action Plans.
Warrnambool Livestock Exchange Advisory Committee
Cr. Rob Askew
- Provide advice in relation to the management and operation of the Warrnambool Livestock Exchange.
- Provide a conduit for information between the Warrnambool City Council, saleyards management, stock agents, buyers, sellers, transporters, other stakeholders and the community.